Monday, April 22, 2013

Placentero nos es Trabajar


Mi Familia!

Como estan? Estoy muy bien. Me gusta mucho la obra misional y todos las personas aqui. Thanks for all your letters, and Mom, thanks for the world update. I actually didn't know about any explosion in Texas, except for something someone we met said which I just brushed off as crazy. We're really disconnected here. But that's good, I guess. We have no choice but to focus, focus, focus!

Happy birthday to Mommer, Spunky, and Kevin tomorrow! Kevin, you should choose to go out to a Mexican place for dinner. Go to some good, authentic taqueria or something. I didn't think it would happen, but I think I'm starting to fall in love with Mexican food. Especially tacos. Tacos with corn tortillas. I love them.

Spanish is still coming. I keep thinking I'm hitting a breakthrough but it will suddenly hit me how far I have to go. I can almost understand people. So that's good, right? Haha. Speaking has gotten easier, too. I don't have to think too much about what I'm going to say. It's definitely coming, even if slowly.

I can't believe it's almost time for transfers! These 6 weeks here have gone so much faster than the 6 weeks in the MTC, and those went fast! We are all so excited to see what happens. Our guess is the Hermana Hearne will go to the border and the Hermana King and I will stay here and she will finish my training. And then we guess that I'll be training next transfer. That's just our guess, but it's really likely. It  scares me that I might be training in 7 weeks! I need to learn Spanish and figure out how to get around out here! But I know that I'm working my hardest and I know that I'll be able to do anything I need to, when Heavenly Father needs it.

We've been doing so much work with our rcla's. We've visited almost all 62 of our inactive households! It's been quite a task since we don't have accurate records of them all. But it's been so great to see the miracles that have come as we've focused on them. Lots of them have kind of just been forgotten. Lots of them just need a little push back to activity. It's important to remember as missionaries that our goal is to bring people to Christ, not just to baptism. These people who have already been baptized but who are separating themselves from Christ need the message of the gospel just as much as anyone else.

We taught a menos activo this week named Rudy. Rudy is really struggling with things I probably shouldn't write about here. But anyway, in our lesson I was strongly prompted to ask him if he know Heavenly Father loved him. He gave me a look that just broke my heart and then, after a few seconds, said that he didn't know. I was overcome with the Spirit and told him that I know Heavenly Father loved him and that He was proud of the mission he served in Colorado. I wasn't just saying these things because they sounded nice or just because I believed them, I was saying them because I knew. Heavenly Father was literally speaking through me. It's so cool to have experiences like that. I feel like God is literally right here next to us, whispering in our ears and leading us by the hand. Which is sooo comforting because I have no idea what I'm doing. 

And I know this doesn't just apply to a mission. God is as much a part of our lives as we will let Him be. I think I always took this for granted before my mission. We're really not alone. God loves us! He wants to bless us! He wants us to be happy, which means He wants us to follow Him and make Him a part of our lives. I know that nothing can bring more happiness than living the gospel and tying ourselves closely to our Father in heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ.

I feel like I've really gotten to know them a whole lot better since I've been on a mission. I feel like I know their personalities better, and I feel them near me. Missions are seriously the best. And I've only been out 2 months! I'm so excited to see what the next 16 bring.

The church is true. The gospel is true. God loves you. Make Him a part of you life, and let Him help you be happy!

Les amo muchisimo. Muchas gracias por su apoyo y amor. Estoy orando para ustedes siempre. 

Mucho, mucho amor,

Hermana Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment