Monday, November 18, 2013

El tiempo vuela!

Mi familia!

I can't believe how fast this week flew by. I can't believe we're more than half-way through November! And transfer calls come on Sunday. It's seriously nuts.

I had such a good week. I feel like a switch has turned on in my brain. I don't know, I've just learned a lot of things. I just feel good and happy and excited to work! I went on an exchange with our STL Hermana Vankatwyk on Friday. She goes home the day before Thanksgiving and it was neat to spend the day with someone at that point in her mission. She's ready to go home and see her family, but she's soaking up the last few days on her mission. She kept me up late talking about her mission and the struggles she's had and the things she's learned. She's just so genuinely excited about missionary work. She was super bold with everyone and made sure they understood that this is the greatest thing they will ever hear ever. Haha, I loved it. Plus, the weather was GORGEOUS. Most beautiful weather so far this fall. Just an all-around good day.

Like I said, I feel like a light has just switched. I think I understand better what I'm doing out here. Heavenly Father is doing His own work...through me. Through every missionary, through every member. I feel much more like I'm in a partnership with Him. When I pray, I counsel with Him to know what we can do together to help His children. And when things don't go well or when other missionaries seem to be having so much more success than me, it's ok because we're all doing the same work and we're going to win anyway. 

Also, this week I realized something that I should have realized a long time ago...TSAM is the best mission in the world (sorry, Scott). I legitimately believe it. 

We've seen a little progression with our investigators. We finally met with Imelda again. She's been really worried about her sick dog that she loves like a child. Anyway, she's as solid as ever. She believes in our message but is a bit hesitant to ask. But we're working with her. She's such a sweet lady and I love her to pieces.

Rosie Vasquez has been really sick lately so we haven't met with the Vasquez's a lot, but last we heard they were both reading. Yes! We invited them to baptism again last week and they said they've been talking about it together, but they don't want to disgrace their parents. We asked them what they thought their parents would want for them if they were to find the truth and they agreed that they would want them to join but..we'll see.

We're also teaching a man named Juan Cardenas (Yay! Spanish investigator!). We were teaching his wife Patricia a while ago. She's still reading the Book of Mormon but won't make appointments with us anymore. Don't really know what's going on there. But we've been meeting with Juan and he's really interested. He works like a dog and is rarely home so we've only met with him once a week. Yesterday we went by with Presidente Mata and he met us outside to tell us that he had family over. My initial thought was, "Ok, well obviously he's not that interested and we probably shouldn't waste our time with him too much more." But we ended up having a lesson out there anyway. He had read the chapter we had assigned him and talked about how he feels something different when we're there and he wants it for his family. He recognized the peace we bring with us. Presidente Mata was awesome and really bold with him. He told him that we have something that will change his life and that he needs. He said that God has given us 24 hours in the day; how much are we willing to give to Him? That seemed to hit Juan hard. He really wants this. And he seems to be acting on it. We assigned him another chapter and set an appointment to see him next Sunday. Hopefully we'll be able to check up on him before that, too.

Oh! And today we're driving up to San Antonio for a conference with Elder Golden tomorrow! I'm so excited. AND, best part, we're going to go to the temple afterwards! We wouldn't get home in time for any appointments anyway, so we're going to stay an extra night up there and just come home early the next morning. SO excited. I've been so temple hungry lately.

Wow, that's a lot. Sorry you had to read all that. Well, I love you all! Have a fantastic week. Share the gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment