Monday, October 28, 2013

Disfruta los momentos pequenos





Mi Familia!

This week has been good. Which is weird because I had an all-time record low of lessons. It was kind of rough sometimes, and we've dropped a few people/haven't seen them in a long time. But there were some great moments, too. Like with Marilyn and Jerry. I LOVE Marilyn and Jerry. Every once in a while an investigator will become my favorite person in the world. I remember it happened with Robert, and now it's happened with Marilyn and Jerry. We had a lesson with them where we discussed more of the Book of Mormon. Jerry has been reading 4 or 5 pages every day and Marilyn has been trying to read when she can. Jerry even read a little to Marilyn. They talk about us and our message when we're not there, too. It's so nice to teach someone who doesn't forget about you the minute you walk out the door. They still have serious doubts--they flat out told us they could never believe the Mormon church is the only one with authority--but they are open, receptive, and hungry to learn. They're reading the Book of Mormon truly seeking to find out whether or not it's true. They just don't know what happens to people who find out the book is true. ;) I hope they get baptized while I'm here. But even if they don't, I'm positive I'll see them in the Celestial Kingdom, which makes me smile.

I really wish y'all could meet them. They are SO awesome and they crack me up. I can't even explain it. Jerry is such a hillbilly and Marilyn is the sweetest little southern lady you'll ever meet. And their house is so cute and quaint, and it always smells like yummy candles. She's going to teach us how to make pecan pie with us on my birthday! I can't wait! And Jerry told us we're like family and we're welcome any time. They call us "the girls," which I don't know why I love so much.

My other favorite people in the world are Eloy and Rosie Vasquez. They're Seth's grandparents. They're kind of in the same boat. They're Methodist, not Baptist, but like Marilyn and Jerry they're very active in their church and feel comfortable. But they're also humble and ready to learn. They're been reading the Book of Mormon too, though not nearly as much as Marilyn and Jerry. We watched the first half of The Testaments with them in an attempt to help them connect the Bible, which they're already thoroughly familiar with, to the Book of Mormon. You should have seen them watching it. They were completely enthralled. When I paused it, they gasped and said, "Was that part 1?" They eagerly set another appointment (for tonight) to see the rest. Rosie said in awe that she never knew anything about the Mormon church before and in her prayer thanked Heavenly Father for sending us to open their eyes and help them learn. YES. They're another couple that I'm not sure if I'll personally see baptized, but I'll definitely see them in the Celestial Kingdom. And how great shall be your joy! :)

Also, we gave Rosie a copy of the Friend earlier that day when we just dropped by. By the time we came by that evening, she had already looked through it all and chosen something to use to teacher her kids at church the next day. She says that she often uses the things we teach them to teach her kids. So without even knowing it, those kids are being taught, too!

Hermana Montgomery's doing much better on the bikes. We still go slowly but not nearly as slowly, and we don't walk nearly as much. I'm so proud of her.

I'm excited for this week. 2 birthdays, Halloween (I'm going to "dress up" as Hna. Clark and wear her name tag), and sleep-in day (daylight savings) on Sunday! It's going to be good.

Love you all! Have a tremendous week!


Hermana Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment