Monday, April 21, 2014

We've Proved Him in Days That Are Past




Mi familia,

It's been another great week. It's a good time of year to be in Austin..minus the allergies. Thank goodness for Zyrtec, Afrin, and Benadryl. 

This week we found a lot of new investigators! One is Erika's sister-in-law. She and Erika's brother (who is a member, but only because his sister agreed to pay him $20...which she never did, by the way..hahahaha) are really trying to turn their lives around. She told Erika she wanted to be baptized before we even met her. We've only been able to meet with her once, though. But we're seeing her tonight, so we'll see how they're doing. 

We also have begun teaching a family who's been taught a lot in the past. Hermana Morales is a member but not active. Her husband and 2 teenage kids aren't members but know a whole lot. Both Hermana y Hermano want to be sealed with their family in the temple. So...you'd think they'd just get baptized. I guess they've had some bad experiences at church before so it isn't clicking that easily in their heads. But we had an incredible lesson with them this week and they love having us over. We just need to get them to church and feel the Spirit and they'll be set.

We found another family of 5, all over the age of 8. We had a good lesson with them. We have another lesson tonight with them, so we'll see how that goes, too.

We had a zone conference this week. President didn't have a lot of structure for the meeting, we mostly just discussed things that were on our minds and he taught us like you wouldn't believe. I learned so much about revelation and following the Spirit and it's changing the way I work. President is incredible. I'm edified every time I'm around him.

I got to go on exchanges with Sister King! It was fun to teach with her now that we both have so much more of a grasp on the language, the doctrine, and the teaching skills. And it was so great to be together and talk about good times in Riverside. It's so crazy what we did there together! We were both so new when we were left on our own--she had only been in Texas for 10 weeks and I had only been out for 6. We didn't speak Spanish and we didn't know almost any techniques for missionary work. We were SO scared driving home from that transfer meeting. But we just worked! We worked SO hard. And we had so much fun! And we saw miracles. Now looking back I can see how unqualified we were to do what we did. But it didn't matter. God made us instruments in His hands and He did His work through us. I still don't feel qualified to do what I'm doing. But somehow it always seems to work out. 

Last night I had a thought: if there's 84,000 missionaries, that means there's 42,000 companionships. If every companionship taught or talked to 5 people yesterday, that's more than 200,000 people who were taught about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. And that doesn't even count the members who talked to their neighbors or posted something on Facebook or gave someone a Book of Mormon. Hundreds of thousands of people come closer to Christ each day. I'm beginning to understand that I'm such a small part of this. It isn't about my mission, about how many baptisms have or how many lives change. We're all on the same team. God's team. Yes, He could do it if I wasn't here. His work of salvation would still roll forward. But Iam here. He lets me be a part of His work and He lets me see the blessings of it. I'm part of bringing to pass His work and His glory, and I'm being changed along the way. Pretty cool.

I love you all! Have a great week and be good.

Love,
Hermana Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment