Monday, April 7, 2014

An Attitude of Gratitude

Mi Familia!

I think someone is stealing days out of the weeks. Last P-day was no more than 2 days ago. What a week it was, though. Especially Conference. My goodness, it's better than Christmas. I can't wait to read the talks again. I especially loved President Uchtdorf's talk. An attitude of gratitude. That concept makes so much more sense to me now. Sometimes it truly is hard to find things to be grateful for, and you don't really feel like thanking God for the air. But just learning to be a grateful person, to be constantly praising God for His goodness, to always have an eternal perspective and faith that all truly is well is what will lead to happiness. As he spoke, I was overcome with thanksgiving. I offered a prayer that consisted of nothing other than the words "thank you." That was all I said, but it was one of the most powerful prayers I've ever experienced. There really is no reason to do anything but rejoice. 

I loved the theme of obedience that seemed to weave it's way into everything. God's way never changes. There's the right and the wrong to every question, and the right always leads to happiness. How many times did we hear the 3rd Article of Faith? "We believe that, through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel." And like Elder Bednar said, as we yoke ourselves to Christ through sacred covenants, we are enabled to obey, to press forward, to repent, to change, and to return to our Father in Heaven to live in eternal families. 

Sorry, I don't have a whole lot else to say today. I know the priesthood and church of Jesus Christ have been restored to the earth. I know that He paid the price for our sins so we can be forgiven and receive eternal life. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that Joseph Smith was his chosen prophet to restore His gospel. 

Love you all! Have a good week!





No comments:

Post a Comment