Monday, February 25, 2013

P-day Temple Trip




And a little from her last email:


This week has been great overall. But honestly, the beginning of this week was pretty rough. Our lesson with Felipe, our new investigator, didn't go super well. I was scared that my Spanish wasn't progressing as fast as it should have been, especially because Hna. Christensen is learning SO FAST. Basically I was just really doubting my ability to be a good missionary. And I was kind of in a rut that I couldn't get out of. It was really hard. A good hard run made me feel better for a while, but the feelings didn't go away until I seriously just laid my troubles at the Lord's feet. 

I feel SO much better now. (Really, don't worry about me. I'm fine.) Which is really good because feeling that way was really debilitating. I know that I can't be a good missionary by myself, but fortunately I'm not alone. Mom, you have no idea how true I know the quote you sent me is. Every day, even here at the MTC, I'm required to do things that seem impossible to accomplish. But when I let the Spirit guide me, all things are possible. I've been surprised countless times at the things I have done--the thoughts that have come to my mind and the words that have come to my mouth. Oftentimes in lessons I'll have something I want to say but I won't know how to say it. But when I just open my mouth and start talking, I somehow find a way to say it. It has been incredible to literally feel the Spirit working through me. I have been so humbled and I grateful for everything I've gone through here, because it has all made me a better person, and a better missionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment