Monday, July 15, 2013

Jesus Es Mi Luz


Mi Familia!

This week has been pretty good. Slowly but surely I'm getting the hang of things. Robert is doing really well still! He'll be baptized this Saturday at 4:00. :) Every time we go to visit him I'm secretly nervous that he'll be drunk, but every time he just impresses me more. Our last lesson was at night on his day off. His days off used to be horrible for him because he wouldn't have a distraction from all his bad memories and he would just drink. But he told us that that morning he was going to the hospital by bus (he has pancreatic cancer, by the way, did I tell you that? I just found out a little while ago.) and he wasn't sure exactly what stop to get off at. He was pretty nervous about it. But he said a prayer for help and the bus took him right there. Then he told us that he came home and read his Book of Mormon and just had a good, easy day. :) He tells us that he prays all the time, just while he's walking down the street. And yesterday we happened to see him when he was walking home from the bus stop, Book of Mormon in hand. It was such a sweet image: the Book of Mormon replacing the beer bottle that used to be there. Ah! I love him so much! It makes me so happy to see him so happy. He's rock solid.

We also are planning the baptism of Isaac Gutierrez, a 12-year-old boy who comes from a less-active family and was never baptized. He got the lessons from other sisters but was never baptized because the bishop wanted his dad to read a little bit from the pamphlets with him first and he never did. But the bishop has given the green light and we're just going to review a few things and then he'll be baptized, probably August 3. So that's exciting! But with Isaac, the real work is going to have to be done after he is baptized. His parents are coming back (they're divorced which makes things a little more complicated, but they're both in our ward) but we need to make sure they stay active. And we need to make sure Isaac gets really involved in Young Mens and has good ties there. We don't want him to fall away.

Carlos is doing well, too. He got the priesthood last week. He's been coming to church every week that he can and he seems to still have a strong testimony. We visit him about once a week to teach him the new member lessons and his aunt and uncle have are having us over for dinner every Sunday this month (yesterday we had posole verde..my FAVORITE!), so that's good that we get to see him.

We get transfer calls this Sunday! Wow, that was fast. I mean slow. I don't know, actually, this transfer was weird. I learned so much, I seriously feel like a different person. My faith, hope, and understanding of the Atonement has exploded. I still have so much farther to go, but I have faith that God will always be with me and help me. Now I just need to figure out how to handle stress. Sigh. I'm so bad at that! And it makes life really, really hard. But I'm figuring it out, I think. 

I know that God loves us. I know this church is true. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior, our light and our support. I know families are eternal. I know the Book of Mormon is true. I know the God wants us to be happy and he wants to bless us. I know that prayer is ALWAYS the answer. He loves us and He is listening. 

Love you all! Have a fantastic week, and to my immediate family, have a great time in California! Bring your scriptures with you and DON'T FORGET TO PRAY! I'm praying for all of you. 

Mucho amor,

Hermana Lund

Camille and Hermana Rodriguez with Isaac

Family Home Evening!


Camille and a member whose family often feeds them

Plaque with a spiritual saying by the front door -very common and helpful in finding Spanish speakers

Exciting thrift store purchase -nightgown!

No comments:

Post a Comment