Monday, July 22, 2013

La Frontera!


Mi Familia,

California looks so fun! I wish we could be there with you, but I hope you're having tons of fun without us anyway! :)

Robert is baptized! I'm so happy for him! The baptism really didn't go as planned--Hermana Gonzales wasn't able to make it from work quite in time to give her talk (although Hermana Rodriguez stepped in and did a great job), the people who where supposed to say the prayers weren't there, I filled the font way  too low (an 8-year-old girl was baptized in the same service so I didn't know how high to do it...obviously I guessed wrong) and people kept coming in and out and opening and closing the door so much that I was about to loose it--but Robert is baptized and he is happy. :) He didn't care at all. And God is happy, too. Robert was baptized by Elder Ferry and confirmed by his companion Elder Peterson yesterday in church. He is so happy and not slowing down!

And we got transfer calls...I'm being transferred!! I'm going to the border! Wow. We both kind of thought something was going to change; I've found that missionaries kind of have a sixth sense about transfers. More often than not your hunches are right. Hermana Rodriguez is staying here and will receive her new companion. I'll be senior companion but I'm not training. I am so nervous! And excited! The border is everyone's dream here. It's supposed to be super fun and exciting and basically Mexico. Honestly it's probably a lot like Riverside, without the big city (and hopefully the traffic!). Although I think there's a lot less diversity down there..everyone is from Mexico while here there are people from Guatemala, Honduras, Colombia, El Salvador..everywhere. 

I'm excited and really nervous. I didn't sleep at all last night. I don't know what to expect. I go down Wednesday early in the morning, which means I'm scrambling to get everything taken care of. I want to make sure everything is organized and well-planned so M'hija and her new companion can start out smoothly. Anyway, my mind is nowhere to be found. I can't focus on anything. I'm glad it's p-day. I need to work hard to focus on Riverside. I'm going to the border but I'm not there yet! I'm in Riverside for 2 more short days and I need to make the best of it!

I'll miss Riverside. It's been good to me. It has worn me out, that's for sure, but I'll definitely miss it. I'll miss our ward and investigators. But I'm excited to see what's waiting for me in my next area! Hopefully I'll go to a Spanish area but I'm not sure. My Spanish is definitely getting better. My ability to talk has skyrocketed but I'm still struggling to understand. But that has gotten better, too, I'll admit. Oh, and I passed the Spanish test! Have I told you about that? There's a really hard Spanish test that our mission has. You have to pass it, talk 500 hours of Spanish with your companion, and read the BoM in Spanish to become Spanish certified. Being Spanish certified isn't a requirement or anything, it's just something to work towards. Anyway, the test is really hard and I passed it on my second try! I've completed my hours and I'm planning on finishing the Book of Mormon by the end of next transfer. So anyway. That's exciting, I guess. :)

I love you all! Thank you for all your prayers and love. I'm praying for all of you! I know this church is true and I know God loves us. I've been studying the Atonement in depth lately and it is changing my mission. I know Christ is our Savior and the only way to true, lasting happiness.

Have a great week!

Mucho amor,

Hermana Lund


Camille and Robert

Camille and Robert
Camille, Robert, Hermana Rodriguez

Hma. Gonzalez (ward missionary) and Robert

Robert and Elder Ferry

Robert's baptism day -Camille, Elder Ferry, Robert, Hma Rodriguez



No comments:

Post a Comment