Monday, September 30, 2013

Y se fue el septiembre!

Mi Familia!

Well! The week flew by just like the rest of the month of September. After today I'll never (at least for a long time) be a missionary again in September. Triste. This week was slow. We had less lessons this week than I've ever had before in my mission, I think. But it's not for lack of trying. People are just so busy. That's seriously Satan's most effective tool. Just get to the point where you're too busy to dedicate time to the one thing that really matters. 

All week we invited EVERYONE to the Relief Society Conference. We had so many people who said they absolutely would come...if such and such didn't happen. We did end up having 3 people there: The grandma of that girl named Alejandra who just left on her mission to Salt Lake who isn't a member (her daughter brought her), a less active (her mom brought her), and Erin Smith, an woman we just had to drop because she doesn't want to join any religion without he husband but who still loves everything about the church (her friend brought her). We didn't even think to invite Erin, actually. So it was nice to see them there. By the way, can you see the importance of members?

Hermana Ludeman and I were talking yesterday because we've both been a bit discouraged. It's so frustrating that you can work so hard and see so few results. It's especially hard because there are a set of Elders who work in our same area and they are finding families left and right. It's really hard not to compare. Sometimes I get frustrated because everyone keeps telling you that you don't have to be perfect, that God works with small means to do great things, but then there are all these skills and tactics we're expected to incorporate and I just don't feel like I can. I just don't have those skills and lots of times things that I probably should have done don't even cross my mind. But anyway. We had a good talk. We are working hard. We're not perfect, but we're trying to improve. Maybe God just has a different kind of work for us to do right now. I hope that's not just an excuse.

And we haven't even heard from Seth in more than a week. That's stressful to say the least. I don't really know what to do there. He's SO busy with work all the time. I don't know. I'm basically just taking it a day at a time with him.

There is a bright side to all these feelings though: I know I'm getting more and more wrapped up in the work! I love these people with all my heart, which makes disappointments all the more painful. Yes! Go charity. I've struggled with that my whole mission so it's good to see my progress. I'm not perfect but I'm definitely better.

Well, that's about it. Have a great Conference weekend! Woohoo! Conference is a missionary's Christmas and I'm soooooooo stoked! And hopefully we'll have a million investigators there! I hope you all watch it! Think about questions this week and bring them with you with a prayer. What an incredible opportunity we have to listen to living prophets and apostles, to listen to the words of the living God Himself. I know this church is true and that those men are called of God. They are witnesses of Christ and they are inspired to speak the words we need. I know that all of you will get the answers and direction you need as you prayerfully and humbly watch. 

Mucho, mucho amor y carino,


Hermana Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment