Monday, September 2, 2013

Me Quedo en Del Rio!

Mi Familia!

Because it's Labor Day the library is closed, so we're using the Family History Center and we can't stay too long. So I'll have to keep it kind of short.

So we got transfer calls last night, and all 4 of us sisters in the apartment are staying! Yay! We're so excited. This is the first time my whole mission everything has stayed the same. We'll see how it goes!

Some sad news: Amanda dropped us for good. She said that she's still reading the Book of Mormon and she's grateful that we helped her find her faith in God again, but that she doesn't think our church is for her. Kind of broke my heart. If only everyone understood that "our church" isn't just a church. It's not about the culture or the people or stuff like that. It's about faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, making covenants, progression, HAPPINESS. And THAT is for everyone. I don't know. Someday she'll be ready. 

Some good news: Seth has a date! September 21. I don't remember what I've said about him, but he is dating a member who is returning to activity. They were living together but she moved to a town between Austin and San Antonio so now it's ok for him to get baptized...if they're firm in their decision to keep the Law of Chastity. He seems really ready and really sincere. I'm excited for him. 

Lately I've been struggling with accepting Heavenly Father's time table. It's nothing big, but I just feel like He's being so quiet and mysterious with me. I pray for help with certain things and He doesn't answer right away. And I want Him to! I want it to be easy. But I guess He just loves me too much for that. He wants me to grow in faith and patience so I can be a better missionary and a better person. I guess that's fair. 

The trick, though, is to trust that He really does love me, that He hasn't just forgotten me. I think we often want Him to give us a huge demonstration of His awareness of us, and we tell ourselves that when that happens we'll follow through with faith. But I think we often need to decide on our own that we will BELIEVE that He is aware of us, and THEN follow though with faith. And slowly, without any kind of breakthrough we were sure we needed, we come to the realization that He has been with us all along, and thank goodness He didn't do what we asked. Sometimes you literally can't see more than a step ahead of you. But as you keep taking those steps, you eventually find yourself somewhere greater than you've ever imagined.  

I love you all. Have a fantastic week and DON'T FORGET TO PRAY AND READ YOUR SCRIPTURES!

Love,

Hermana Lund


No comments:

Post a Comment