Monday, August 12, 2013

Q&A with Grandma & Grandpa O

I'm so glad to hear you're having so much fun! Here's the answers to your questions:

Aunt Pat: Every day we deal with some kind of rejection, whether it be by someone whose door we just knocked or someone we've taught for a while and has decided to stop seeing us. The first kind is easy to deal with usually; I think God has blessed me to be able to just shrug it off and move on and not get too hurt or offended. The second kind is what's hard to deal with, when you have someone you love and care about who uses their agency to reject your message, often when they have received a witness it is true. That's rough. But whenever I leave lessons like that, when we realize we have to stop seeing someone and there's nothing else we can do, I've overcome with a feeling of peace. I know we've done our part and God is happy with our efforts. 

Megan: My favorite thing I've eaten would have to be pisole, a Mexican soup with pork, white corn, and really good spices. Carlos's (a boy who was baptized last June) aunt Olga would make it for us back in my last area and I LOVED it. We would put aguacates (avocados) in it and eat it with chips. SOOO good! I don't eat as much Mexican food here in Del Rio and I miss it!

Jalie: My companion, Hermana Ludeman, is always ready to improve and take advice. We've been pretty open about our feelings; we tell each other when there's something the other is doing that needs to change (Which is a VITAL part of a companionship, by the way). She's always willing to improve. She's passionate about missionary work and loves the people. She's great. 

Grandma: Hmmm, that's a hard one. I love teaching the Plan of Salvation, especially just talking about how much God loves us and how that love is demonstrated in his Plan. It's so great to see some people learn about it and just light up, as they realize their potential and the love God has for them.

Grandpa: We start personal study at 8:00. Companionship study starts at 9:00--if you're training you study for 2 hours and if you're not you study for just one (which is NEVER enough). Then we study Spanish for an hour, have lunch, and get to work! I love studying and it never seems like we have enough time.

Love you all! Have a great time together!

Hermana Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment