Monday, March 10, 2014

Ocupadas!

Mi Familia!

Wow. What a week. We had two exchanges and MLC in San Antonio. And a
baptism on Saturday! Gigi got baptized. :) She's part of a giant
family from the Riverside ward that I got really close to while I was
there, so it was fun to see all of them again.

MLC was fantastic. Seriously, President Slaughter is incredible. No
doubt he'll be an apostle someday. He's so focused on us and helping
us become completely firm in the gospel. His view goes so much past
the mission. He's making is into life-long church leaders. He expects
perfect obedience, but he leaves a lot up to our judgment. Just about
always, when someone asks him is something is okay, he says, "Is it in
harmony with the sacredness of your calling?" He's an incredible
example to us. Haha, I just have to laugh at all the elders. They
respect him SO much. They all want to be him. They want to have the
same scriptures as him, study the same way he does, and they ALL want
to be dentists like him. They have game plans of how they can know as
much as he knows in 20 or 30 years. The elders in our district say
that, when they have a question about if something is okay, like with
what they wear of something, they think, "Is it good enough for
President Slaughter?" and they act accordingly.

President keenly understands that there just isn't room for nonsense
in the church anymore. We can't be only partially in it any longer.
It's like President Holland said, we have to pick a team and stop
dribbling out of bounds. There's no more room to just go through the
motions, to grow and learn at a natural, slow pace. We've got to pick
it up. The whole church has got to pick it up. I've never been firmer
in my testimony and conversion than I am now, but I will never, ever
again be at this low of a spiritual level. I will grow more and more
every day. I'm nervous to come home because it's not as easy to
actively serve God and keep His commandments, but when August 7th
comes, I will still be working to be better, to know more, to have a
stronger conviction than I had the day before. I'll hit the ground
running and I'll never turn back.

I can't begin to express how much I love my Heavenly Father and my
Savior. They have done so much for me and the people I love, and I
will do anything for them. When I see them again I will stand tall in
confidence that I have honored Them and served Them and loved Them
with all my heart, might, mind, and strength.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's kingdom on
earth. Jesus Christ is the Savior of all mankind. Joseph Smith was a
prophet of God, through whom Christ restored His church. The Book of
Mormon is the word of God, containing the fullness of the gospel. The
Priesthood of God is restored to the world, making possible the saving
covenants and ordinances of the gospel. We have living prophets and
apostles today, with the authority and power to direct God's work.
There is no doubt anywhere inside of me that all this is true.

I love you all! Have a great week, and make sure to be better than you
are now the next time you write me! :)

Con amor,

Hermana Lund


No comments:

Post a Comment