Monday, March 31, 2014

Bluebells, Indian Paintbrush, and the Giant Texas Sky

Mi Familia,

I. Love. Texas. I have fallen head-over-heels in love with it. My goodness, you wouldn't believe how beautiful it is here. There's some big, wide-open places out here, with bright green glass, a huge blue sky, and wildflowers of blue, red, and yellow scattered everywhere. Texas has my heart.

We got transfer calls yesterday...and we're both staying!!! We are SOOO happy. Seriously, we are such a good companionship. We work hard, we expect miracles, we are obedient, and we have faith. We're ready to just break through the ceiling this transfer. Especially being in this area. It is white and ready to harvest. I am so excited for this transfer.

Jose did get confirmed yesterday. Apparently his step-dad (he's actually not even that, since he's not even married to his mom) offered to take him to Chuckie Cheese during church. He's 13, what do you think he's going to pick? But he felt really bad afterwards. But anyway, he's confirmed and will be an incredible missionary someday. Also, Carlitos bore his testimony in sacrament meeting. They both have an incredible future ahead of them.

We were able to go to the temple on Friday with Erika, Carlitos' mom who was baptized in January. The bishop and his wife, Hno. Sanchez, Hna. Castor, y Hno. y Hna. Aguilera went with us. We had planned to take a huge group of recent converts but no one else could get work off. But it was still so worth it just with Erika. She is pure and strong. She had such a good time and recognized the Spirit she felt. 

Did all you women watch Women's Conference? If not, watch it this second on lds.org. I loved it. It was especially neat since Hermana Egbert and I have been studying covenants lately. Covenants are such a blessing to us. They give us an opportunity to use our agency for good, and to increase in doing so every day. The more we keep our covenants, the more we are blessed with the Holy Ghost and the more we learn. The more we learn, the more power and joy we receive, until we have obtained all the Father hath. If we could only comprehend the blessings that await us, I am thoroughly convinced that we would not be able to contain ourselves from praising God and proclaiming His gospel in every moment of every day. He sure does love us. 

This week has been hard for me, and consequently, very rewarding. I have learned the importance of CHOOSING to have faith. Truth never changes and we are to hold onto the rock that is the source of all truth: Jesus Christ and His gospel. We are to hold onto the things we know, the things that never change. I know God loves me and that He always answers prayers. I know that He has promised that He will grant me anything I pray for as long as I am being obedient and it is according to His will. I know He always keeps His promises, and I know He has promised me all that He has. So, I will push aside everything else that holds me back. I will press forward and work hard with a sure confidence that He is there and He will help me. Let Him answer my prayers in the way and timing that He thinks is best. The greatest blessing of obedience is the conviction you receive that GOD WILL KEEP HIS PROMISES WITH YOU. And he already has for me, more than I can explain and more than I'm sure I understand.

I can't wait for Conference. Better than Christmas. Everyone watch it and write me back what you learned! 

I love you all! The mission is the best and I don't want to be anywhere else. 
Hermana Lund


No comments:

Post a Comment