Monday, March 24, 2014

What is this, like week 60 or something?

Mi familia,

Once again, the fastest week of my mission. This is getting ridiculous. We missionaries have absolutely no perception of time. Someday I'm just going to find myself at home and I'm not going to know what happened. I've been having dreams about going home, actually. Last night I dreamed that I had classes at 11 and 12, but I forget to go to them because I wasn't used to having school. I was sooooooo frustrated! I also had a dream that I tried to do everything I could to keep busy at home, and then I looked at the clock and it was only 6:30 in the morning. Haha, hopefully the adjustment to home will be a bit better than that.

The baptisms went well on Saturday! Carlitos' and Jose's moms shared some really powerful testimonies. Erika, Carlitos' mom, is incredible. She was baptized in January. We're taking her to the temple on Friday along with some other members of our ward to do baptisms for the first time! She got her recommend yesterday and was so proud to show it to us. She is a strong, strong woman. Now we just need to soften her husband's heart more so he can get baptized and be the priesthood leader in their home, so they can be an eternal family. Seriously, being a missionary is incredible.

The baptisms went great, but yesterday Jose and his family never showed up for church for him to be confirmed. Erika got a text from him that said he couldn't go to church that day, but didn't say anything else. We still have no idea what happened. We wonder if it could have something to do with Clara's husband...Jose is fine and we'll get him confirmed. We would just like to know what's going on.

Saturday was SUCH a crazy day. We had our baptism and then we had to go to a child-of-record baptism later that day to play piano. They both started really late because we were waiting for people to get there, and I just played piano the whole time. Between the prelude, the musical numbers, and the hymns, I probably played every song in the Children's Hymnbook and the normal hymn book. And then yesterday we had to play piano for primary. I seriously never wanted to play piano again. Which is saying a lot because I love playing piano for that kind of thing! 

Oh! And we're teaching a piano class on Thursday's now! This Thursday was the second week we did it. We get quite a few people there; we had 11 on Thursday! Haha, we had to teach it in the overflow room because EVERYONE was there that night, from people planning for a ward garage sale to cub scouts to a relief society activity. But it went well and people loved it! We're really only teaching members right now but we're trying to get them to bring their friends so we can use it as a finding activity.

These past couple weeks have seriously been so good for me, looking back. I have learned so much about who I am and what on Earth I'm doing out here. I don't even want to try to explain what I've felt and learned, because it's just impossible. Let's just say that the mission is a miracle. The Spirit is literally constant. I've gotten to the point where I can honestly feel and recognize it in every moment. I am constantly being refined and sanctified by His influence. There is no other way to describe it than as a miracle. 

I know without a doubt I'm going to be different when I come home. In the way I talk, the way I dress, the music I listen to and the TV I watch, the way I spend my time...none of this was bad before my mission, but I have such a deeper understanding of and conversion to this gospel. I want to keep every commandment because I've seen first hand that the only way to happiness is through obedience. I want to do everything in my power to obey the Lord in all things. I've seen the Atonement work in so many different instances throughout my mission, but the life in which I've seen it make the most changes is my own. I am so grateful for that.

I love you all! Keep the commandments and be happy! Have a fantastic week.

Love,
Hermana Lund


No comments:

Post a Comment