Monday, June 10, 2013

Guiame, oh Salvador


Mi Familia!



So! Yesterday was really exciting! Do you want to hear about Carlos' baptism or transfers first? We'll start with transfers. Hermana King is being transferred, opening a new area, and training! She is excited but nervous. And she's praying to stay Spanish-speaking. It's hard not knowing even that kind of a detail. Anyway, she will do just great. I'm really sad to be losing her but I'm excited for her, too.

I'm staying here (YAY!!!) and I'm training! I don't really know what to think. I think I knew it was coming, but I'm still really surprised because, you know, I don't speak Spanish. Ok, that's not true, but sometimes it really seems like it. I had convinced myself that if I was going to train this next transfer it would be in and English area. But apparently Heavenly Father thinks He's really funny. 

I'm really a lot more calm than I feel like I should be. I think it's because I know it's going to be ok. You know how sometimes you can know something is true, but believing it is a little trickier? Like, deep down you know God's going to help you but then you get into a tough situation and, even though you still know He will, you kind of don't believe it? I think that's how it's going to be. Right now I'm calm because I know God will help me; He's not going to set me up for failure. But I think when I get there and I'm making the calls and having to say "otra vez" and "mas dispacio, por favor" over and over to everyone and I'm worrying about teaching a fresh newbie how to do things I haven't even figured out yet that it's going to be hard to believe God will help me. I'm going to have to remember the calm feelings I have now and remind myself of the things I know. I know God loves me and he loves the people here in Riverside. I know this is His work and He cares about it. I know He will help me do everything that is required of me. I know it will be ok! :) But pray for me, of course. I'm going to need it. 

Carlos is BAPTIZED!!! I am so, so, so, so happy!! I'm just feeling the purest kind of joy. :) Everything ended up going smoothly even though the day started out pretty rocky. There's just so much that goes into planning for a baptism and we still had so much to do yesterday. And it didn't help that our ward mission leader doesn't quite have a grasp on what his calling includes..we didn't get almost any help from him. And all throughout church while we were trying to get the baptism stuff figured out people kept asking us to do everything and our appointments for the day were falling through and just...everything. But. The baptism went perfectly. Lots of people were there to support him, the talks were great, my song went fine (rocky but okay), everything went great.  Carlos even got to be confirmed right then, which was a surprise because we had thought we'd have to wait until the next Sunday in sacrament meeting (Hermana King was especially happy he was confirmed right then after we got transfer calls). 

The greatest part is that I know this is just the beginning for Carlos. He is so solid and he's going to keep progressing. I keep thinking of the scripture I put on my plaque, Alma 36:24. Carlos is feeling the same joy I feel from being a member of this church and knowing what I know. He now gets to enjoy the Holy Ghost constantly like I have been able to. How great is that?! I'm so happy.  So happy.

I know that the message we testify of day after day, hour after hour, is true. I know it! The closing hymn last night was "I Know the My Redeemer Lives." I was leading so I could see Hermano Carr and Elder Bala in the back getting really into it, singing "Yo SE que vive mi Senor!" It made me so happy as I thought about how great it is to be able to say that with such force. I KNOW that my Redeemer lives! And so does Carlos!

Love you all! Have a fabulous week! Cuidense mucho!

Mucho amor, 
Hermana Lund

Carlos, his aunt, Olga, Hermana King, Camille (getting around the mission rule of no hugging boys)

Carlos's baptism day

Carlos with his aunt and uncle, Hermana Lund and King


No comments:

Post a Comment