Sunday, June 23, 2013

Letter to the Young Women

We asked the missionaries in our ward to write a letter to our young women to be read at Girls Camp. Here is Camille's letter to the YW:


Shadow Ridge Young Women, Que pasa?!

Wow, can I just say, mission life is the best. It feels like every single day my companion and I are just filled to the brim with excitement and joy to be doing what we're doing. So many of the people we teach have really hard lives and we know that what we have is exactly what they need. It's great to see the gospel touch their lives.

Are any of you thinking about serving a mission? I hope so! I could not be happier with my decision to serve. I know that there's nothing more important than sharing the gospel. As members of the church, this is our duty! God trusts us to do it. And the blessings He pours out on my life as I serve are incredible. 

I would be so happy if all of you got to serve missions. But sometimes that just isn't in our plan. And that's ok! But I testify that God has a plan for each one of His children. He NEEDS the help of every single one of us in these last days to prepare the world for the Second Coming. If it isn't right for you to serve a mission, I promise that there's something else He needs you to do to spread the gospel. It may be in your own families, in your wards and neighborhoods at home, at work, who knows. But always remember that YOU can be an instrument in God's hands and He will work miracles through you as you give your lives over to Him. And the blessings you will receive from it will blow your mind. :)

Always remember the impact you have on others. Stand as a witness of God at all times, in all things and in all places. He needs you to do this. I testify that God loves you. Christ is your Savior. This is God's church and as we follow it's teachings, we can find peace and joy in this life and enjoy eternal life forever with God and our families. The Book of Mormon is true. Read it everyday! And never, ever forget to pray. There is serious power that comes when you continuously pray to God in faith.

I love you all! Enjoy Girls' Camp and go change the world!

Mucho amor,
Hermana Lund

No comments:

Post a Comment