Monday, December 30, 2013

Bienvenida, 2014!

What a week. It was SO good to talk to y'all on Christmas! It was weird how normal it seemed, except for Kevin and Matt's voices! They'll be grown me by the time I get home.

Haha, so I have a funny story. On Christmas Eve night Sister Arche and I got home before the other sisters and we immediately got into our pajamas since we were SO full of food. When the sisters got home they told us to get our clothes back on so we could take a picture. We were kind of annoyed, honestly, but did it. After we took some pictures, Sister Christensen told Sister Isham to go look at something on the phone outside or something (why didn't I see this as more suspicious?) and we immediately got back into our pajamas. Well, President and his family were suddenly at our door! Haha, they had some presents some random lady had given them and told to give to some missionaries. The sisters had tried so hard to get us to look presentable but we wouldn't do it. Haha, it was pretty funny. I looked pretty cute in my red nightgown, though.

We had a good Christmas full of lots of food. We had a cupboard FULL of candy, even after we had regifted all we could. The other sisters brought a huge box of pure chocolate to the office, thank goodness. I have never seen so much candy in my life. 

This Saturday was rough. It seems like, out of nowhere, everything that seemed to be going right had slipped down the drain. On Saturday we didn't have ANYTHING to do. We tried so hard to visit people and find things to do, but it just wasn't happening. We were both kind of in zombie mode. The next morning Sister Arche was kind of going crazy; she was just so fed up. Haha, it was actually pretty funny. 

Anyway, church was a good time for me to refocus and recommit myself. And last night we had a miracle! Our district leader and his companion had a random non-member family who lives in our area show up at church yesterday. They asked if they wanted us to come over and they said yes. So..we did! Their names are Justin and Mari. They're actually not married, but they have a 3-year-old girl. Mari's brother lives with them but he didn't go to church yesterday. He seems interested too, though. Anyway, they told us that Mari's dad is a member who had apparently been working hard on them for a while. Apparently they had a long talk with him and committed to come to the Mormon church for a whole year! And they totally want to be baptized. They told us that they're going to go to this church for at least a year no matter what and they want to know what the next steps are to "progress in the church." Mari said that the more her dad has talked to her about it, the more she thinks that it can't not be true. I think I'm still a bit skeptical of it all as a way to protect my poor, delicate heart but I think they're really interested! They would have to get married but..totally could happen! I'll keep you posted.

So this is the last week of the transfer. Can't believe how fast it went. If Sister Arche and I are separated I'm going home. Just kidding. Kind of. Being on a mission is hard in so many ways and I kind of feel like it's never going to end, but I'm so glad to be out here. It's like running (everything on my mission relates to running somehow, by the way). I don't know why I like it because it's miserable in the moment, but for some reason it's my favorite thing ever! 

Love you all! Sorry this e-mail isn't exactly inspiring...just read your scriptures or something. Have a happy New Years!


Hermana Lund








No comments:

Post a Comment